What's A Distro
To Distro is to share a song, link or widget using FanDistro, but it's MORE than just sharing - you earn points or money when you Distro that you can direct to a charity. Sharing is a form of advertising and when you share music, links, videos, etc. you are providing a service to the artist. At FanDistro, we and Artists believe that people who provide a service should reap some benefit. So, when you Distro a song using FanDistro we track any sales that come through your Distro and a charity of your choosing gets 20% of sales. You can also opt to keep your 20% or give it back to the Artist. FanDistro has tight integration with Facebook, twitter and G+ making it really simple to Distro. Check out the What's a Distro tutorial to see an example of how you Distro.
How Does It Work?
Here's what you get:
- A new, creative way to engage your fans where they direct 20% of any sale they help generate to charity. Fans can also opt to keep their 20% or give it back to the artist. The Artist gets 80% of sales.
- Immediate, global distribution of your music
- Cross-pollination as fans of other FanDistro artists discover your music
- Powerful, easy to use tools designed to gain you new fans and sales
- Valuable anaytics so you can see how your fans Distros are doing
- We handle all the financial stuff with our point system using Paypal. Please see our user agreement.
- No upfront cost, No hassle set-up, no minimum commitment, no strings attached
4 easy steps:
- Set-up your Artist Account & Project Page.
- Upload your music
- Invite fans to Distro you. Please see our How to get your fans involved blog post.
- Offer fans rewards like free music or tickets for helping you expand your fan base and sales.